Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What I want...but I am a dreamer.


                The worlds gone mad or at least the people in it have. We could say it’s been going mad for some time and now it is starting to boil over. I don’t watch the news daily like I used to because it’s depressing and to be honest makes me never want to leave my house.

                On that note here is what I want, and I know others feel the same way. Simple break down of what I would like to wake up to tomorrow and I know I am a dreamer. I want to turn on the news and see back to back inspiring stories of people doing awesome things. I want to know my kids are going to school and will come home with a quality education by high paid quality teachers. I want the teachers to know I will raise my children and all you have to do is educate them. I want less money in prisons and more money into our children’s future and less kids on the free lunch program because parents can afford to feed them healthy meals. I want people to feel the system is a way to build life up and a not a way to stay down. Getting off of it should be the goal and actually working towards it.

                I want to see our president on TV and feel secure when I see his or her face. I don’t want to hear remarks about the color of skin because no one cared when a white man was in office. I don’t care if Papa Smurf is our leader as long as I feel respect and trust when I hear is voice, which I actually do feel respect when I hear Papa Smurf talk. No one cares he is a little blue man because he is wise.

                I want wars to stop being fought for reasons most people don’t understand and soldiers to be respected for being the kind of people who will risk going to war in the first place. I want politically correct to be thrown out the damn window because the only way to be politically correct is to not speak anymore. I want unknown cancer causing ingredients taken out of our food because there is no point in finding a cure if we don’t address the cause but I also want a cure. I want to go to the doctor and for a simple reason and not be charged an obscene amount of money. Four hundred dollars to take my blood makes me have to choose between getting my kidneys checked and then having to sell one to pay to bill.  I also don't want health care that takes my choices away so if I had to choose between a high priced choice and a dictated free service, I would pay the price.

                I want to gas up my car for under what I have been paying because once I put gas in I may not be able to go anywhere. I want to go in to pay for my gas and get smiles from the person working without having to try and force one out of them because even if your job sucks at least you have one. I want shelves at eye level with my child to full of organic fruit or healthy snacks instead of five hour energy and junk no one should be eating because profit is killing people by way of our food supply.
                I want Alcatraz to be up and running for child molesters to have a neighborhood they are actually welcome in forever. If we have to build more concrete islands surrounded by sharks to hold them, fine, that's a tax we all can agree on. No internet, no TV, no recreation hour, nothing but concrete walls and fed the same crap our kids have been served in schools. It is pretty comparable to prison food if not worse.

                I want to believe in God without being told I am delusional and say it without offending someone who doesn’t believe the same thing I do.

                This is a blog about autism so I need to go there as well. I want my son to be autistic without media talking about it like it’s a life sentence. I want people who fear it to understand it and know my boy is just that. A boy who is not like any other but still a boy who plays in the dirt, smiles, laughs, and feels like all of us do. I want people to come together when it comes to autism and fight for education systems we all feel good about. I want people to stop trying to find things to blame and move forward. If there is blame it will be found eventually but I think some people really do see autism as a genetic trait not a disease to fear. I want to be able to talk about autism and tell someone I had my child vaccinated because I felt it was right and not be looked at as though I made a bad decision. If you vaccinate or don’t vaccinate, either way your goal is protect your child. Judgment isn’t necessary. Most of all I want people on the outside looking in to see my son the way I do. A child with a difference who needs what everybody else on earth wants....understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment