Friday, August 31, 2012

Thank You Autism Unlocked!

http://www.autismunlocked.com/


               Today was and is the launch date for the Autism Unlocked Talk to Learn Program. I have written about this program in the past and have been patiently waiting for it to begin. This morning Phillip and I sat down to give it a try and I can tell you in just a few min he was responding to it. He isn’t able to type so I did that for him but he responded in a communication way that was fantastic. He enjoyed the music and was dancing every time it came on.  He was also laughing when he responded correctly because he knew the music was next. I could see this motivated him to respond the second time we began.

                This program has a small fee of 30 dollars a year for a parent use and a bit more to use utilize both at home and school in correlation with a teacher. It was very easy to get started and within a couple of minutes we were already using the program. I also noticed with Talk to Learn it could easily help any child with spelling simply from the repetitive sight of the words. So don’t be too quick to think this is just an autism based program.

                It is very hard for my son to hold his attention span for very long and I love the fact for 30 dollars we are in for a year. Today he spent a short time on it but if we continue to use it every day and it becomes part of his routine, possibly a few times a day, he will stay put for a bit longer each time. There is a time limit on a response which I also really like because we can move on quickly and that will also help to keep him engaged in the task on hand. Boredom causes him to pull back and find something better to do and most programs we have tried created boredom immediately. Talk to Learn did not give him room for boredom. He was making huge efforts to repeat the words and did in fact say the word school. A new word for us to hear from him!

                Bottom line and my opinion for what it is worth this program is great! Everything with my son’s autism takes time and patience. I don’t have to buy an Ipad to give him an option to make progress. We now have a year to utilize this for what would cost me in a month to keep an Ipad in service. I am a thrifty mom and I also do not like technology much so having an option that is affordable and easy is a blessing.  The link for this program is above and I really encourage everyone to give it a try. If you do, make sure to let the creator know your experience as he has worked very hard on this to help autism move forward. This man could have easily put a high price on the program but I don’t believe his goal is to make a killing off of a big demand for resources. It’s flat out just to fill a desire he could see was needed.

                Thank You Autism Unlocked and my son thanks you to!

 

1 comment:

  1. sjonge04@hotmail.com
    or
    scott@autismunlocked.com

    Oops forgot to leave my e-mail!

    ReplyDelete