Friday, August 3, 2012

Being Offended Is a Choice...Choose Wisley.

Pro-gay marriage groups plan Chick-fil-A ’Kiss-In’

 Lets take a look at how silly human nature can be for a second. No matter what your beliefs are or who you want to support, there is one thing ALL of these people on different sides of the fence could be addressing as one united group. The health crisis that is infecting the future generations of our country.
 I find it really interesting everyone is in an uproar about each others beliefs, when it really only affects them if they want it to at the end of the day. It's a choice to be offended by another persons opinion, and having a Kiss-In isn't going to change a persons life long stance.
 Here is what they are all missing in the war with each other.....fast food is bad for everyone. The effects of fast food on our bodies could care less who we are kissing or what our religious views are.
Bottom line, no matter what your views are, I don't want your french fries. If you want to have a Kiss-In, try to consider the protest alone gave this company a record setting income. By choosing to be offended, it actually turned into feeding the source that offended you.
 This land we live in of free speech has turned into the land of free speech as long as what you speak of isn't offensive. Parents of autistic children are bombarded with offensive remarks no matter what. I know every where I go in public someone always has some kind opinion or look of judgment. Comes with the territory of raising a child that operates differently.
 Yesterday my son and I did some shopping and this not a fun outing for me at all. He runs, he has to touch everything and his energy level is very difficult to keep up with. Stopped at a store we rarely go to so I could look for some education products for him. I figured it was a small place so he would be free to touch and I could see what he has the biggest interest in. Hard to find things he stays focused on because once he has soaked it in, he moves on to something else to soak up. So, we spent nearly an hour looking, and 90% of that time was me redirecting and chasing him.
 An older women who worked there told Phillip twice not to run, it was clearly bothering her from the start. Each time she didn't know I was 3 ft away and could hear her. I actually watched to see if he would even react to her because sometimes kids will listen to a new voice...not this little man. He was totally ignoring her. Or actually to focused on what he was doing to process her voice directed at him.
 When we finally established some things that might keep his interest I wrestled him up to the register. The women said to me..." you need to establish some authority" Now, here is the part I could have been offended but I chose not to be. I actually giggled at her observation because she had no idea how much authority I have been able to gain. Still kind of funny to me a day later.
 Moral of the story...she was offended by my parenting and I could have been offended by her opinion. I chose not to be....just that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment