Sunday, February 17, 2013

Studies suggest...implies a possibility, not fact.


               Vaccines, that dirty word that causes people to erupt in anger. The moment it is thrown out there people flock to argue and my blog from yesterday begins. The feeling of no one listening sets in for some and words like ignorant, uneducated, and evidence get thrown around. Court is a word that comes into play because most people believe if a court claims it, then it must be true. If you have been in a court room you know you can’t put 100% reliability in a court decision. Doesn’t mean a court of law is wrong either, it’s just a risky way to always base an opinion. It simply means the evidence submitted suggests the outcome.

                If you read my babble you know that I believe vaccines affected my son but the debate is tiring and I try not to get involved in one. I do read them so I can see all of the theories people stand strong to.  You see when I read a long debate from autism parents about cause I tend to think every argument is correct. Meaning genetics, environmental, and the body’s inability to process vaccines. I think all of those argument are 100% correct but so many won’t listen to each other because they want the answer to be one or another.  What if it’s not one or the other? What if all of it is in fact connected and we are too hung up on picking one.

                A simple break down of what I am getting at would be, maybe my son has the genes for autism. Maybe environmental exposure, whatever it may be, caused his immune system to be different. What if the load of vaccines he was given was just too much for his system and I would include the newborn vaccine as well in that. I can only speak from what I see in our situation but all over the place we have kids with autism who aren’t vaccinated. Yes, unvaccinated autism or diagnosed before vaccines were given does really exist which many people don’t understand. Or families who clearly have a strong genetic link to autism and any vaccine info becomes irrelevant, but you will still find people who push it on those families regardless. How frustrating for them by the way! Can’t even possibly apply to them and they still get it thrown in their direction, typically with the word ignorant attached.

                When someone tells me what they think led to autism in their child, no matter what the theory may be I believe them no matter how different the theory is. When someone demands proof to a theory it baffles me because there is no solid proof to any theory. However if we dig long enough we could put interesting information to all of it. We can find suggestive studies that apply to every cause we hear about. If someone wants to find a study in relation to what they believe, the will find it just as easily as they will find a study to disprove it.

                Studies suggest are words used to imply a possibility not fact or 100% proof no matter what the subject is. When the words ignorant or uneducated get thrown around I think some ways we are all on that ride together because studies suggest no one knows the cause of autism. We can only apply what we know from our own experience and each experience is different. People need to respect each experience and at least listen with care.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment