Saturday, March 9, 2013

Go on an adventure!


               Today has been a fantastic day and I needed it. Decided to round up Phillip and take him to a park where there was a peace gathering. I am no hippy by the way and you could say I am the opposite of that but I needed to get out of this house. Something new to do and something Phillip could just run and be Phillip at. The park was also a place my dad helped design and I had never been there, even though I grew up in the area. The sun was out and I felt a bit like Bilbo Baggins running out of the Shire in the Hobbit when we left the house. Going on an Adventure!

                The park was awesome and Phillip just took off with me following. He headed towards the playground and then of course passed it right by. As we walked by I heard a mom say to another “what kid doesn’t like a playground.” Not directed at us by the way but it gave me a giggle, because this kid is one of those kids. After he surveyed the land we headed back to the playground and to my surprise he headed down the slide more than once. Again to my surprise a little boy walked up and my son looked right at him and said “Hi”. Now that might not seem like a big deal but it is a huge deal! He has never done this and he never speaks to kids at a playground. The rest of our adventure was spent exploring and watching the crowd which was complete entertainment. We left two hours later and without protest.

                Arrived home and my dad called to ask of one of the kids wanted to go visit his neighbor in the rest home. I haven’t seen my dad in over a week and considering he is one of my very best friends I wanted to go with him this time, I missed him.  Left Phillip home with big brother and took off for another new adventure. Not a very fun one to begin with as seeing a man age in a rest home is not a fun thing to see.  Seeing anyone in a rest home bothers me simply because each person has a story and I want to know all of them.  We were able to fix a TV for his neighbor so he had a bit more for entertainment than staring at the walls and that alone made a difference for him considering the circumstances.

                When we left my phone was still quiet so we decided to answer a sushi calling my dad was having only the sushi bar was closed. We ended up in a Vietnamese restaurant instead that neither one of us had been to and through it all my phone stayed quiet. I even checked it to ensure it would yell at me if needed just in case. Came home and everything was intact and perfectly fine without me. It was a day I needed because too many of them lately have gone by with me down in the dumps. Down in the dumps is no place to be stuck and thank goodness today turned things around.

                Good days always come but sometimes you really do have to get up and reach for it, or you get stuck. Go on an adventure! No matter how small or out of the ordinary it may be because it’s good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment