Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sanity and a hearty sense of humor!


                 The total chaos of moving is completely in effect, almost completely. I have been loading boxes for over a month and only two days away I feel like enough has just not gotten done. Once you bust through the first layer of stuff it seems there are more layers. The move is not the chaos I am worried about because personally I kind of like moving. It is exciting and gives me a chance to rid of things we just shouldn’t be holding on to. This move is especially exciting for me as we are moving to the place I grew up and since I was eighteen years old I have only spent a few short days at a time. I will have my family close and people I grew up with that I haven’t seen in years. Some people who really did play a big part in my life that I have never forgotten as they are impossible to forget. I have carried their smiles with me for a very long time but having the time to see those smiles in person and catch up will be so much better.

                What happens with Phillip during this move is a total mystery and yes I am worried how he will adjust. The big kids will adjust fine and make new friends with ease. They are in Junior High and I know the school they are going to is a great one with many more things for them to do to keep busy in a positive way. With Phillip it is going to go one of two ways, either very hard or very easy. I have learned during this journey with him to expect the unexpected and never assume anything.

                We will have a much bigger home for him to burn energy and hide in, with a nice fenced in safe backyard to play in. The fence is a God sent by the way and I am thrilled to have that security for him. We will live in a suburban neighborhood with busy streets so the running will be a huge challenge and trying to establish boundaries. It seems like we have finally reached the boundaries here and will begin all over again. The places we go will be much bigger, louder, faster, and overwhelming for him at first and I know this will cause some distress until he adjusts. With all this he will also have more things to do and positive things coming his way.

                For now I know some of the things to expect but my mind is going into limbo until we are actually there and it is unfolding right in front of me. I don’t expect anything from him at this point because I can’t. One step at a time and right now the first step is to drive for nine hours and get to see in person our new home which my amazing mom and dad found for us. The drive alone is enough to worry about and jumping over that worry to the next will for sure send me right over the edge into crazy town. One step at a time with no expectations is the only way to breathe easy and stay calm.

                My next blog will not be until next week when we get our internet all set up. I have no doubt between now and then life is going to throw some interesting things our way. I am really hoping those interesting things bring laughter and excitement but there is always the chance I will take a detour into crazy town along the way. In fact…let’s just assume that is going to happen and hope it makes for a good story. I hope all of you have easy days ahead and until my next blog….please pray for my sanity and hearty sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment