Sunday, October 28, 2012

The weaves of life....can you think of any?


                Life weaves together in such a mind blowing way and when I sit back and think about all of the changes and people I have been given in life it’s almost overwhelming. Lack of resources for our son is taking us back to where I grew up and having family support in daily life. For that I am grateful and who knows if that change would have come without the diagnosis. I like to think it would but the diagnosis cleared the road to home so to speak.

                Sharing an interesting story today that proves just how life weaves together in such a crazy way. I was adopted as an infant. From that the Brown family found me and that alone proves God is in my life. The gift of being given up for adoption by my mother and the gift of who found me was an amazing weave from the start. At twenty years old I searched for my biological family and found a group of equally amazing people. My aunts, my older brother and a little sister became an even more awesome addition to my life. Including all of the people that come with them and moving home is going to give us all a chance to have them in our lives as they should be.

                I met Phillips father four years ago, ten years after meeting my biological family, in Montana without knowing he had grown up in the same area as my biological brother. I learned of that quickly and asked him he knew my brother but it was a big area, in another state, and he couldn’t recall. Considering the odds of that I didn’t ask again but one day my brother called my house and Phillips dad answered the phone. We learned not only did they know each other but they had in fact been friends. Phillips dad had gone by a different last name at the time and it had been years, so the connection took a while to figure out.

                Simple break down, baby gets adopted. Grows up to find her biological family and miles away ends up having a child with her biological brother’s old friend? The odds of that happening are slim to none and the weave of life on that one is just amazing.

                Now we are getting ready to leave a town I never expected to live in to begin with, back home which I never expected to move back to in life. I gained a larger family while living here and made connections with people I will hold onto for the rest of my life. That connection was made by way of buying a house and an instant connection with the realtor. An amazing woman who I cherish daily and will stay connected to my entire life as she has become family to me. In that connection I found a house next a couple who I also consider family and also will stay in contact with through life. Both connections have been more than supportive ever since our autism journey began and our family in general. Life would not be the same if they hadn’t found a way into it, and the way in was only through chance.

                All of these connections weaved together in life and each one adding to a life story that wouldn’t be complete or even possible without them. It’s no secret I over think, but how everything weaves together and the connections in life are sometimes just to amazing to ignore. Over think your life just a bit and I can imagine you will find some weaves to important to ignore. Through bad and good it’s there and I say Thank God for that. Even if you don’t believe in God, you will still find the weave if you pay attention.

               

2 comments:

  1. Had it not been for a crazy 36 hour road trip from Glasgow to the Yaak for a very special 30th birthday celebration, I might have missed out on one of the truest friends I've come to know in this life. I too am very thankful for life's crazy path, and the connections we make along the way.
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!I didn't have room to explain every weave, but so many more that make me smile=D The friends I have, mostly by chance, I would say are beyond friend! Sisters I adore and couldn't have tackled the weaves without the strength they give me. The Yaak...a once in a lifetime experience, we only need once in a lifetime! lol and the impact is never ending;)

    ReplyDelete