Friday, October 12, 2012

Short Bus merchandise? not cool, not cool at all.

http://www.cafepress.com/+i-ride-bus+gifts

 
                Let me blow your mind for a moment, or let Cafe press do it for me. If you check out the link above you will find merchandise that states I ride the short bus. I have to say when I first saw this I thought it was a bad joke. I clicked it and found it was actually being marketed and it was for real. Then all I could think was…You have to be kidding me.

                I do realize the mastermind behind this creating probably felt it was funny and unfortunately it’s probably selling or it wouldn’t be offered in so many varieties. Let’s face it, small minds like to take jabs at the short bus. By small I mean kids whose minds haven’t experienced enough life and are still developing an understanding for others, if they develop one at all. This is typical and we know it happens but then we have the other small minds that are grown adults and should know better.

                This is no way funny or entertaining to anyone who is raising a special needs child and I would hope people who just see this for what it is without special needs in their life. It hard enough to tolerate the lack of understanding in society without the ignorance of greed stepping in to profit but way of something thought to be funny. So far our country is still a free nation, for the most part, to profit in any way you like and offending someone is also something we are all free to do. Anyone can create a product they think will sell and it really doesn’t matter who doesn’t like it as long as there are some people who do. The irony in it is by trying to get this merchandise off the market a market is actually being created for them.

                Sometimes ignorance really does prevail but life is funny and we all know people learn lessons they need to learn one way or another. I don’t know about you but I have feeling the person or people who are making a profit on this are going to learn a hard lesson at some point in life…..and it just might involve a short bus or a person who has ridden one. We have all seen what has been happening on those long “normal” school buses. It’s in the news all the time and personally I would much rather be on a short bus any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment