Saturday, July 21, 2012

Move Towards The Effect...Cause Will Hold You Hostage

http://www.autismunlocked.com/

The link above is a website I stumbled on this morning that will launch September 1st. From what I can tell it will be a more affordable option that may help, without running out and buying an Ipad. I am posting it because this is the kind of thing I love to see being developed for the autism community.
Another reason Autism Unlocked caught my eye on facebook when I was browsing this morning is the acceptance feeling I saw in the page. There are so many pages and websites out there that are in constant promotion of fixing autism. Constantly posting medical information that may or may not be correct. We don't know, no matter how many articles we read, how many opinions we hear, no matter who blames what...we still have autism and we still need options that take us on a positive journey and those options need to be obtainable to everyone in need.
Every time I see a new autism parent post in a group they have a child just diagnosed, my heart sinks. It is so easy to fall into the negatives that can be found out there, especially when you are in the desperate stage of finding answers. That horrible place you want to know why and what to do as a parent to make it better.
A parent with a child who has just been told autism is a reality is frantically looking for answers to the point of near insanity.
The best thing to do is accept and adjust. There are no answers to autism, we are not defective parents and we do not have defective children. We simply have kids with different needs.
The more programs that are developed to meet those needs the better! One day people who are facing autism will be able to have access to a variety of programs at low cost or even free. Programs they can access as soon as they get home, maybe even programs that can help create a map to the style of learning each child has. Something that helps parents move directly into a positive direction, without the desperate feeling of being totally lost.
So yes, I am promoting a site that is not yet up and running and I have no idea what kind of results will come from it. If autism is part of your life, add it to your favorites and give it a try when it begins. If you know someone who has autism in there lives share it with them. A parent who is bombarded with cause would love to see something with an effect from time to time.
Support for these programs opens the door to so much more for families in need.
Personally I am done with cause. For my son and my sanity, whats left of it, we are moving in a positive direction towards effect.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome! Autism needs more people like you trying to create ways to move forward in an effective way. September 1st is on my calendar and lets hope many others as well.

      Delete
  2. I agree completely with you , Thank you for posting ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good feeling to know people are working to create options!

      Delete