Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Vaccines, Genetics, Toxins....O MY!

 
Yesterday someone emailed me some vaccine information. I get this a lot and it began when Phillip displayed some progress delays that I was ignoring. He was vaccinated, we haven't finished yet, but at 15 months he had what he was supposed to have according to the medical community. I know people on all sides of the fence with this topic. I have read endless information and I can say I am now about as educated as I can get on vaccinations.

What I really struggle with is, since I started researching like a crazy woman I could really say vaccines may play a part. Diet and toxins may play a part, gut flora may play a part, genetics may play a part, and the one people really cringe at...God may play a part.

The problem with all this information as a mother is, let’s says the vaccines played a part. As a mother this would mean I held my son still so autism could grab him. With the intention of protecting him that's a pill I don't want to swallow. We have no known genetic history but together, maybe we created one, and now here it is. Diet and toxins I have no doubt are affecting every consumer at this point in our society.

What I refuse to do is blame myself or anyone else for my son having autism. I won't spend my days wondering if I could have done something different to prevent it. Don't get me wrong, our diet has drastically changed but I think every American could use an education on what they are poisoning themselves with on a daily basis, because it really is scary on so many levels.

Autism is here and it's a part of my child, so making sure my child loves everything about himself as he grows means I need to be the first person to love his autism. I know all too well from reading about other families struggles, there will be people who don't love his autism. My job is to set the standard for him to learn how to shut those people down as he travels through life. One day he will face an autism battle without me by his side and will need to be proud of everything he is, when that ignorance comes calling.

My advices to any parent, for what it’s worth, don’t get stuck on the pity train! Whatever you may face on your parenting adventures, remember your taking your child along for the ride. Ask yourself what you’re teaching your child along the way. Tackle any issue with grace and show your children every part of who they are has value and loving the so called flaws is just as important as loving the strengths.

When your child is grown and out in the world without you, and someone asks them "how do you stay so positive when things are difficult?" Wouldn't it be awesome to know your child's response was "It's how I was raised."




1 comment: