Friday, August 9, 2013

I rarely go back, before autism and this is why.

   There has been a lot of articles circulating lately on the autism vaccine debate. There always is but it seems to gaining a bit more attention and questioning for now, that is until someone puts out an article to blast it to pieces because that is what typically happens. In the past year and half I have communicated with numerous families with numerous opinions on how autism came to be for them. The people that pull at my heart the most are the ones who are completely convinced there child changed after being vaccinated. Why? because they aren't wrong but society tends to shake a finger at them for saying so. It's common knowledge in the medical field a vaccine can collide with a difference in the body and not work it's way through as expected but the problem is the research is not being done and that is just flat out sad. Not research on the vaccines but research on what is going on in so many little bodies that isn't allowing the vaccines to do there job. Actually the vaccine probably is doing what it's intended for, leaving behind collateral damage and it's OK to ask why.

   The other day I put in a DVD  I made before my son changed and this might sound weird but I almost never look at pictures of my son before it happened. How can a mother avoid pictures of her child during some of the most amazing days of his life? It's hard, very hard to see a different little boy. The pictures tell a story and as a parent it literally hurts to see that story unfold. Starting off as a healthy chubby little boy and smiling all the time. Different foods all over his face smiling and laughing through it, proud of his messy face. Wearing different little outfits I picked out and dressing him up without any problems on type of clothes. All the different people in the pictures holding him and smiles on all the faces. Life was pretty typical of a family with a new baby.

  Then the pictures start to change and the changes come directly after they day he received a heavy dose of vaccines. The smiles turn into a blank look and the idea of having his picture taken is gone to him. Food on the face completely stops for two reasons, he won't eat and he definitely will not cover himself with food as a toddler does. No more cute pajamas or outfits because clothes become a problem and it's all diaper of pull up pictures. His personality becomes hard to find in pictures and the people in the pictures are gone. It turns into him almost always alone in the pictures with me trying desperately to get a smile or just to look at me when I take it. No one can hold him anymore to pose and if they do he is clearly fighting the grasp.

   Everything changes right after a certain event in his life, our lives, and that is extremely hard to watch. Even harder to know I am not the only parent who might avoid before autism pictures because they feel the same way. When an article comes out blasting the theory that vaccines can trigger autism I think of every parent and child who avoids the before autism pictures because they just know what happened. These articles we see make us sound like we are delusional and paranoid and the people who haven't lived it roll there eyes at any opinion that states collateral damage. Ignored and shoved aside with some kind of thought we just don't accept our own genetics. I think many parents who have gone through this would gladly take a genetic difference theory any day over collateral damage. I know for myself personally that would truly make it easier but I also know that is not what gave us life with autism.

   No matter how many risk factors are thrown at me or theories people spew at me I avoid pictures of my son pre August of 2011 because that life is gone. Born in 2009 and transformed in 2011 on the day they told me it was best to do the shots all in one day then to bring him back for more pokes a week or two later. I don't blame them but I do blame science and the lack of research being done on cases like my son and so many others. It can be done and it's avoided for one reason or another which is not OK for those parents who are shot down for what they know happened right before there eyes. These parents are not in denial and they are not paranoid but they are extremely strong for understanding and pushing forward knowing the research is avoided for a reason. Lack of research tells us, we have a problem.

    For now I throw in an old DVD on occasion and when August of 2011 starts to show, I quietly say "there is goes and has fought like hell ever since." I am also reminded that we tread lightly in regard to any future vaccine talk or even antibiotics because his body doesn't accept it and until I know why, I have to chose very carefully what could possibly cause more harm to him. In fact it's a little odd to me after autism came along clearly after the vaccines and an additional allergy to the only antibiotic he has ever had no doctor has ever mentioned his little body might have a hidden difference that prevents these things from being tolerated. Doctors need symptoms to investigate a health issue and it's my thought in our case anyway, autism is the symptom and the immune system is the health issue. Instead what we get is a autism is the health issue with symptoms no one understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment